Certified Internal Auditor by The IIA
As the only globally recognized internal audit certification, becoming a Certified Internal Auditor® (CIA®) is the optimum way to communicate knowledge, skills, and competencies to effectively carry out professional responsibilities for any internal audit, anywhere in the world.
And, the new CIA exam, which is now available in English, is more updated, aligned, and focused than ever. With additional languages released throughout 2019 and into early 2020, this is the perfect time to take a fresh look at the CIA.
CIA candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements for education, character, work experience, and identification. Before a candidate application can be approved, all documentation (proof of education, character reference, and identification) must be received and approved by The IIA’s Certification staff.
- Education: Candidates must hold an Associate’s degree or higher to be approved into one of The IIA’s certification programs. Common equivalents are a Foundation Degree, Diploma of Higher Education, Higher National Diploma, or three A-level certificates with a grade of C or higher are also acceptable.
- Acceptable Documents:
- Copy of your degree, official transcripts, or A-level certificates (If your name has changed since you earned your degree, you must also include your legal name change document.)
- Letter from university confirming degree
- Letter from evaluation services confirming degree level
- The IIA offers an alternate path to eligibility for candidates who do not possess the minimum education requirements. Candidates may now become eligible for the CIA, subject to approval, who possesses seven years of verified experience in internal audit or its equivalent.
- Character Reference: Candidates must exhibit high moral and professional character and must submit a Character Reference Form signed by a CIA, CGAP, CCSA, CFSA, CRMA, or the candidate’s supervisor.
- Work Experience: Candidates may apply to the certification program and sit for exams prior to obtaining the required work experience. However, candidates will not be certified until the experience requirement is met within the program eligibility period. Experience for the IIA’s certification programs is based on the maximum level of education achieved. The work experience requirements for the CIA program are:
|Education Level||Years of Work Experience Required|
|Master’s Degree (or equivalent)||12 months – internal auditing experience or its equivalent|
|Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent)||24 months – internal auditing experience or its equivalent|
| Associate’s Degree, three A-Level Certificates, grade C or higher (or equivalent)||60 months – internal auditing experience or its equivalent|
- Proof of Identification: Candidates must provide proof of identification in the form of a copy of the candidate’s official passport or national identity card. These must indicate current status; expired documents will not be accepted. All documents must be scanned and uploaded through the Document Upload Portal in a manner that ensures the photo is clearly legible.
Adding the CIA credential to your resume, LinkedIn profile, and business card will help you stand out and demonstrate you are:
- A credible and trusted internal auditor.
- A true expert who understands and can apply the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- A stronger, more competent professional who is knowledgeable in organizational governance.
- Committed to the profession of internal auditing and equipped for career-advancing opportunities.
- Differentiated from your peers.
Coaching class fee: 35,000 AFN
For further details, please contact us:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Cell: +93 784 905097 / +93 783 535054